Pet First Aid Courses
We are proud to offer the Walks 'N' Wags Pet First Aid course, a recognized National Pet First Aid Certificate course for pet care professional and pet owners. This is a ten hour comprehensive course which is "learner centered". Our goal is to teach students to think and adapt to emergency situations themselves, based on the knowledge and skills acquired in this Pet First Aid course.
Ruffined K9 offers Walks "N" Wags Pet First Aid at the central Calgary location, Central Bark Doggy Daycare. The class size is small to accommodate social distancing so be sure to register early!
Course Details -
Central Bark Doggy Day Care & Spa
2004 - 10Ave SW
Class Start Time: 9:00 AM
Duration: 10 hrs
If lost on route call 403-992-5742.
Please wear layered comfy clothes, Bring a pen, paper, and lunch. Individual snacks and drinks will be provided.
Covid 19 Health & Safety Information:
1. Proper social distancing will be followed in class.
2. Individual supplies provided to practise skills on.
3. Signage is to be observed and adhered to throughout class.
4. Face masks are required to be worn throughout the day. Please bring your mask.
5. Hand sanitizer available throughout the room.
6. The class with be thoroughly sanitized prior to class start and often throughout the day.
7. A covid screening form to be complete by all present.
Dogs are welcome in class, limit of 4 per session, registered on first come first serve. Dogs must be capable of being calm in class, quiet, and sociable with other people and dogs. We reserve the right to send any dog home if they become disruptive to the class or is unsuitable for the classroom setting. If you wish to register a dog, please note breed, and age of dog. A waiver releasing liability to Central Bark and Ruffined K9 will need to be completed and signed prior to dog admittance.
Our Feline Friends are not able to attend due to the excitement that they cause to the registered dogs.
Why Choose Walks 'N' Wags?
* Our course is applicable to both dog AND cat owners.
* We encourage participants to work with their own LIVE pets to further develop their new skills!
(There may be up to 4 dogs approved per class, but if you do not wish to practice on live animals, there are stuffed animals available at all times.)
* There are CPR DOG MANNEQUINS to practice Artificial Respiration (AR) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to provide a realistic learning experience!
* You receive an extensive, user-friendly manual and a “quick pocket guide” to keep in your purse or glove box.
* You receive a certificate upon course completion of the 10 hour course, valid for 3 years.
* Walks 'N' Wags instructors have various backgrounds including professional pet care, human first
aid, boarding facilities, pet stores and rescue organizations.
* Our courses are informative, interactive and FUN!
* NOTE: Pet First Aid is NOT a substitution for veterinary care. *
An extensive, user-friendly 76 page manual complete with illustrations.
Your certificate of completion for yourself and your dog (if applicable).
A compact pet first aid guide.
Re-usable window decal to display to others that you have completed pet first aid training.
DOG POLICIES (If applicable)
Proof of current de-worming, vaccinations or titre test documents must be presented 72 hours prior to scheduled course.
Due to space and class size there is a limited number of dogs accepted, and will be accepted in order of registration.
Dogs are ONLY welcome if they are registered.
Cats are not able to attend due to the excitement of the dogs and/or environment.
Dogs attending Pet First Aid Training must be obedient, calm and social with people and other dogs, as they may be handled by others for practical work.
Dogs must be securely leashed during the course.
You are solely responsible for your dog, if your dog causes any damages or injuries to another person, animal or object you will be held fully responsible.
We reserve the right if your dog is found unsuitable or disruptive to dismiss he/she from the course.
Booking and Cancelation Policy
Bookings close 1 day before the session starts.
Full payment will be returned if cancellations are made up to one week prior to the course start date. Any cancellation or date transfers after this time are subject to $25.00 administration fee. Cancellations made within 72 hours of course start date will not be refunded or transferred.
Pet First Aid Kits
Be ready for mishaps with a Pet First Aid kit. Shop our variety of kits available and drop one in your basket when registering for a course. We will bring it to your class to save you the shipping. They make great gifts for pet lovers!